Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Maternity Bodyscapes


This week one of my most enjoyable shoots was a maternity photography session. Pregnancy is such a special time that it really needs to be captured in a way that will be a lasting memory. I find that using non-traditional techniques in the maternity photography arena gives my clients something different.

Bodyscapes are an area that I find is very effective for maternity photographs. Traditionally reserved for the fine art nude community, they make an excellent way to capture the magic of pregnancy. My favorite technique is rim light to really show off the shape of the belly.

I use an elevated table for the mothers-to-be to lie on so they don’t have to face the challenge of getting up from a low bed or mattress. A single step up and they can easily lie down on the padded table.

When I mention bodyscapes to my clients they often have no idea what I mean. But once they see some sample shots they are sold.

Orcatek Maternity Photography - Phoenix

No comments: